Check out the top 10 Pokemon Go Usage and Revenue Statistics of 2023 here. Since its launch in the summer of 2016, Pokemon Go has been a big topic of discussion. The streets transformed into scenes reminiscent of Pallet Town. However, after only five years, many critics argue that Pokemon Go isn’t as impressive as it seemed. In this post, you will explore some interesting Pokemon Go Usage and Revenue Statistics in 2023.
Interesting Pokemon Go Usage and Revenue Statistics
So what’s behind the rising Pokemon Go popularity? Let’s consider the following Pokemon Go Usage and Revenue Statistics to prove it.
- In 2021, there were 71 million people around the world playing Pokemon Go, a drop from 113 million in 2019.
- Back in 2018, there were 133 million active Pokemon Go players, which is 74% lower than its peak of 232 million players in 2016.
- Pokémon Go’s cumulative downloads from 2016 to 2021 exhibited steady growth, increasing from 260 million in 2016 to a remarkable 572 million by 2021. This consistent rise in downloads underscores the game’s enduring popularity and widespread appeal to players around the world.
- About 9 million people play Pokemon Go daily. Since 2021, there have been over 8 million daily players. The number of daily players exceeded 9 million for the first time in November 2022.
- From 2016 to 2021, Pokémon Go’s annual revenue followed a dynamic trajectory: $0.83B in 2016, $0.58B in 2017, $0.81B in 2018, $0.89B in 2019, a remarkable surge to $1.23B in 2020, and $1.21B in 2021, showcasing its enduring popularity and adaptability.
- Revenue from in-app purchases for Pokemon Go was $703.74 million in 2022, down from $877.66 million in 2021.
- It’s estimated that players spend more than $4 million every day. By 2019, players were spending about $4 million each day on Pokemon Go. This resulted in approximately $641 million spent within the game during the first half of 2021.
- The United States is the most lucrative market for Pokemon Go. With 36.3% of in-game spending, the US leads in profitability, followed by Japan at 31.3% and Germany at 5.7%.
- On average, 19% of all Pokemon Go downloads occur in the US. The usage stats for Pokemon Go show that 19% of current downloads happen in the US, making it the largest market. Brazil and India follow with only 10% and 6% respectively.
- There are 827,205 people in the US who play Pokemon Go daily. The US stands as the most dominant market for Pokemon Go, with 827,205 daily players, trailed by the UK with just 272,015.
In conclusion, these Pokemon Go Usage and Revenue Statistics for 2023 underscore the enduring appeal of the game. Despite initial hype fluctuations, the game continues to attract millions of players daily and generate substantial revenue, making it a remarkable success story in the world of mobile gaming. Whether you’re an avid fan or a casual player, these statistics demonstrate the game’s impact and relevance in the ever-evolving gaming landscape.
What percentage of Pokémon fans are adults?
In 2021, approximately 48.4% of Pokémon Go players fall within the 18-29 age group, while 43.1% belong to the 30-49 age range.
Who is the main audience for Pokémon?
The target audience for Pokemon is children aged 5 to 12.