Oculus Pairing: 2 Different Ways To Pair Your Oculus Quest
So you just received your new Quest 2 VR headset. You’re ready to set it up, but the instructions are complicated; or you are facing some issue with the Oculus pairing code; or maybe you just want to connect your VR to a new device. No worries, we’ve got you covered.
The Oculus Rift Headset is a virtual reality headset that came out in 2016. It was one of the original VR Headsets and has stayed on the market due to its relatively low cost and high compatibility with other VR apps.
Pairing your Oculus headset is a pretty straightforward process, and this article will list two different ways to do so. So keep reading because we are about to wrap up all the helpful information.
Oculus Pairing: How Do I Pair My Oculus Headset?
It’s really easy to pair your Oculus Quest 2 with your Phone. Just download the new Oculus app onto your phone, and follow the easy on-screen instructions for setting it up. Also, make sure that your Android device’s Operating System is running on 5.0+ and IOS is running on 10+.
The best thing about this app is that you won’t just be able to customise and manage settings for your Oculus Quest 2; you’ll also be able to buy, download and install VR apps remotely. This app is really important for setting up your headset. Here are 2 different ways to pair your oculus headset.
As long as you go through the initial steps and carry them out correctly, your two devices should be able to pair up automatically. Most of the time, it will only take a few minutes if everything goes smoothly. Here’s how you can connect it easily:
Install The App
- Starting with the initial step of installing the Oculus app on your phone, you’ll begin your journey.
- Once you install the application, open it and sign in using your Facebook account.
- If not, tap “create new account” and follow the instructions.
Pairing The Devices
Pairing the Quest with other devices is easy! Before you get started, be sure that it’s fully charged and powered on.
- Remember, you need to turn on the Bluetooth feature of your phone, otherwise, you won’t be able to connect to other devices.
- To set up your Quest 2 headset, make sure you have your mobile phone and your VR headset connected to the same wireless network.
- Keeping the VR head close to the mobile phone will ensure you have a better Bluetooth connection.
- Now Open up the Oculus app and tap ‘Devices.’ Next, find the Oculus Quest 2 headset you’re using and tap it.
The headset should automatically begin pairing with your phone. Don’t close the Oculus app or turn off your VR headset during the pairing process, otherwise, you’ll need to pair your headset again.
If the devices have trouble pairing, they may not be able to pair on their own. This happens randomly, but it’s often due to the two needing a little help connecting with each other.
Manual pairing requires a little more time and effort than automatic pairing, but it’s still fairly easy to turn on and off.
Find The Oculus Pairing Code
To pair your Oculus devices, follow the same steps as above to install and launch it. Once you’ve installed the app and launched it, you can now try to pair your devices manually.
- Put on the Oculus headset and simply look in the lower-right corner. You will see a five-digit code displayed here.
- This code will help you pair your devices with our app. Now you can go back to your phone and try to enter the code.
The devices should be paired with each other now. If it doesn’t, make sure that the code is correct.
Check out this quick video to learn how to pair your Oculus Quest
Why Is Oculus Pairing Code Not Showing Up?
Oculus Pairing Code not showing? In order for your code to appear, you will need to take a few extra steps. It could be because of an auto-pairing bug, or you may have accidentally turned it off. If that’s not the case, then do these things:
- Turning off your Oculus Quest and then restarting it or restarting your phone.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled so that the devices will connect without any problems, and turn on location services for the same reason.
- Delete and install the oculus app again. Now when you go through the pairing process again, either your headset will connect automatically, or your code will appear on the Quest display.
How To Pair Oculus Quest 2 Controllers To Pc?
If you want to get the most out of VR, you can try connecting them to your PC. There are multiple ways to do that and it is much more affordable than you think. Simply try it out and see how it goes.
Here’s how to get your Oculus Quest 2 connected to a PC.
Using Oculus Link
- You’ll need to download the Oculus PC app.
- Once you download and install the application, open it up, and follow the onscreen instructions to sign in using your Quest 2 headset account.
- You’ll then need to plug your Oculus link cable to your headset and the other end into your PC’s USB port.
- You’ll then see an “Allow Access to Data” prompt in virtual reality. Select deny.
- Now choose Enable once you see the “Enable Oculus Link Prompt.”
Using Air Link
To connect your Quest 2 headset via Air Link, you can follow the steps below. Also note this process only works for the Quest 2 headsets.
- Open settings in The Oculus app.
- In the beta tab, open the Air Link Button.
- Wear your headset, press the Oculus button and open the menu. To enable experimental features, select Experimental features from the settings gear icon.
- Press the button beside Air Link and press continue.
- Locate the available PCs list and select your desired PC. Once it’s paired with the system, select Launch.
Pairing With Other Phones
Pairing your Oculus Quest 2 headset with multiple phones is as simple as using any other phone or tablet. Simply download the Facebook Oculus app and log into your account.
One great feature of the Oculus Quest 2 is multi-user support, where you can share your headset with 3 other accounts.
You can do this by going to the universal menu and opening “Settings”, where you’ll find the “Experimental Features.” Now scroll down to “Multiple Accounts and Library Sharing” and turn it on.
In the “Settings” menu, select the “Accounts” tab to add other logins. If your connected accounts want access to paid apps on your Oculus Quest 2, activation of the “App Sharing” feature will make this possible. Keep in mind that this will not affect any personal data or saved games on your current device.
How Long Does It Take For Oculus Quest 2 To Pair?
Pairing it takes just a few moments. Once it’s on, start playing games! It takes about 5 minutes to pair them with your device.
You only need to pair the headset with your app if you’ve installed the game on a mobile device, or if you know the oculus pairing code for static headphones.
Does Oculus Quest 2 Have Bluetooth Pairing?
The Oculus Quest can connect to Bluetooth headphones, but something to keep in mind is that it may have audio/video syncing issues or game stuttering when you use wireless headphones.
Audio cables or other comparable connections are not officially supported by the Quest.
Facebook has stated that it prefers a wired connection or using its built-in sound system. That said, there’s always the possibility of using a wireless connection.
Why Isn’t My Oculus Pairing To My App?
There are a few possible reasons why your Oculus Quest 2 isn’t connecting: either you’re using an outdated application, or you have a weak WiFi signal.
You should also check the pairing code to make sure everything is properly entered.
Why Is Oculus 2 Not Working?
There could be a number of reasons why your Quest 2 headset won’t turn on. Sometimes this might be due to an insufficient battery, so before you use it, you’ll need to charge your headset.
Other times, the problem can emerge as a result of different factors, such as improper shutdown or external interference.
Although Oculus Quest 2 doesn’t have any hardware issues, pairing it with other devices can still be tricky. This can lead to a lot of aggravation, so it’s good to have all the possible solutions gathered in one article like this.
If you’ve found yourself struggling to pair the Oculus Quest 2 with your phone, then hopefully, we’ve helped you figure out how to do it.