How to uninstall Minecraft Forge? Read this post to get the steps.
Minecraft Forge is a free, open-source modding tool that allows players to install and run custom mods for the popular sandbox video game Minecraft. It is written in Java and works as a standalone application, allowing players to easily manage and install mods without having to edit the game’s original files.
Read on to learn how to uninstall Minecraft Forge.
Table of Contents
How to Uninstall Minecraft Forge?
To uninstall a Minecraft Forge mod, you will need to follow these steps:
- Launch the Minecraft Launcher and select the “Launcher Options” button in the top right corner.
- In the “Launcher Options” menu, select the “Minecraft Forge” option in the “Profile Options” section.
- Click the “Open Folder” button next to the “Game Directory” field. This will open the Minecraft game folder on your computer.
- In the Minecraft game folder, navigate to the “mods” folder. This is where all of the installed Forge mods are stored.
- Locate the mod that you want to uninstall and delete it from the “mods” folder. Alternatively, you can rename the mod file by adding “.old” to the end of the filename, which will prevent it from being loaded by the game.
- Close the Minecraft game folder and return to the Minecraft Launcher.
- In the “Launcher Options” menu, click the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Start the Minecraft game and verify that the mod has been uninstalled.
Uninstalling a mod may cause issues with other mods that depend on it, or with the game itself. If you experience any problems after uninstalling a mod, you may need to troubleshoot the issue or restore the mod.
Minecraft Forge is widely used by the Minecraft modding community and is supported by many of the most popular mods. It provides a simple and easy-to-use interface for players to install and manage mods, as well as compatibility with a wide range of Minecraft versions and mod types.
In addition to mod management, Minecraft Forge also provides a range of other features and tools for mod developers, including a custom Minecraft launcher, mod loading and error reporting, and a modding API (application programming interface).
To use Minecraft Forge, players will need to download and install the latest version of the tool, and then use it to install and manage the mods they want to use in their Minecraft game. Players can find a wide variety of mods to install on the official Minecraft Forge website and other modding forums.