How to stream Nintendo Switch games on Discord? The world of gaming has been revolutionized by the Nintendo Switch, making it the ultimate console of choice for many hardcore gamers globally. However, sharing your Nintendo Switch gameplay on an online communication platform like Discord can be quite challenging since there is no Discord app available on the console.
If you’re unfamiliar with how to stream Nintendo Switch games on Discord, don’t despair! We’re here to help you out with some creative and innovative tips and tricks for streaming your Switch gameplay on Discord with ease.
How to stream Nintendo Switch Games on Discord?
Go through the following steps to know how to stream Nintendo Switch games on Discord:
Things You Will Need
As it stands, the Nintendo Switch does not currently have a Discord app available for direct streaming of Switch gameplay. However, with the help of a laptop or PC as an intermediary device, you can still enjoy streaming your gameplay to Discord.
To set up the streaming process, you will need to have a few essential items at your disposal. These items include:
Video Capture Card
To stream your Nintendo Switch gameplay to Discord using a computer, you will require a video capture card.
This card will read the video signal from the Nintendo Switch and convert it into a digital format, which can then be streamed on Discord using software like OBS and VLC.
A Streaming Software
In order to stream your Nintendo Switch gameplay on Discord using a computer and video capture card, you will need to install video streaming software on your laptop or PC.
There are many free streaming software options available, including OBS Studio and VLC, which are two popular and reliable programs that can seamlessly stream video.
Some Cables And The Discord App
To complete your setup for streaming Nintendo Switch gameplay on Discord, you’ll need to acquire a few additional items.
The first is the Discord application, which can be easily downloaded and installed on your computer. Next, you’ll need to round up some connecting cables, including USB C, USB, and HDMI.
Streaming Nintendo Switch to Discord
Now that we have gathered all the necessary items, we can proceed with the process of linking a Nintendo Switch to Discord.
First Step: Linking Nintendo Switch To Video Card
- Connect the Dock’s USB-C port to the Nintendo Switch.
- Disconnect any other devices from the Dock to avoid interfering with the video signal.
- The Dock should only have an HDMI output port. Connect the Dock and video capture card with an HDMI cable, linking the output of the Dock to the input of the video card.
- The video card’s USB output can then be connected to a USB port on the computer. If the capture card has a USB output port, connect it directly to the system.
- Power on the Nintendo Switch by pressing the power button. This should cause the Switch screen to be displayed on the computer.
Second Step: Setting Up VLC
To enable live gameplay streaming on Discord, you’ll need to link your video streaming software. Here are the steps to set up VLC:
- Let us begin by accessing Notepad on your computer. Proceed to copy and paste the given code into the document. (C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe” dshow:// :dshow-vdev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Video) (#01)” :dshow-adev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Audio) (#01)” :dshow-aspect-ratio=”16:9″ :dshow-audio-samplerate=48000 :dshow-audio-channels=2 :live-caching=0 :dshow-fps=60) to the Notepad
- Activate VLC Media Player on your computer. In the menu bar, select “Media” and then choose “Open Capture Device…” from the options provided.
- Within the Open Media window, select “DirectShow” as the Capture Mode. Additionally, in the Device Selection, pick the Video & Audio Device that is identical to your capture card.
- Now, select the “Show More Options” button in the upper left-hand corner of the Open Media window. Thereafter, navigate to the “Edit Options” box and transfer the pre-prepared code.
- Once you have completed all the configuration settings, exit the streaming program.
- Search for the VLC shortcut on your desktop. Right-click on the icon and select “Properties” from the list. Finally, in the “Target” field, insert the code previously used in Step 4.
Third Step: Setting Up Discord
- To begin, launch Discord on your computer and connect to a server. Once you are connected, you will see a list of channels in the left-hand column of the window.
- Locate and click on the Speaker icon to enter a voice channel.
- Find the “Screen” option located at the bottom of the channel list, and click on it.
- From the options available, select “Application” and opt for the VLC display.
- Click on the “Go Live” button to initiate screen sharing for your Nintendo Switch. To terminate the streaming session, simply click on the thumbnail preview that shows a monitor with an X inside it.
If you’re wondering how to stream Nintendo Switch games on Discord, you may find this quick video tutorial helpful.
Streaming Nintendo Switch games on Discord can be a fun way to connect with friends and share your gaming experiences. By following a few simple steps on how to stream Nintendo Switch games on Discord, you can easily set up a live stream of your Switch gameplay directly via Discord. This allows your friends to watch and cheer you on in real-time, enhancing the sense of community and excitement during your gaming sessions.
All you need is the Discord app on your computer and some HDMI cables, and you’re ready to start streaming. Whether you’re showing off your skills or just hanging out with friends, streaming Nintendo Switch games on Discord is a great way to stay connected and have some fun.
How To Stream Nintendo Switch To Discord Without Capture Card?
There are two easy ways to get around this. The first way involves downloading a mobile app called Streamlabs on your phone and using it to stream your Switch to Discord. Alternatively, you can stream your Switch to Discord via your Xbox console (if you have one) with ease. Both methods are hassle-free and will enable you to stream your Switch on Discord without breaking the bank on a capture card.
How Do I Stream Nintendo Switch To Discord Using Obs?
Just scroll down to the bottom of your channels list and hit the “Screen” option. Then, select the software you’re using to play your content (like OBS or VLC) from the Applications tab. Tweak the Discord settings as needed, and click on “Go Live” to start streaming like a pro! And when you’re all done, simply click on the X icon in the preview thumbnail and you’re good to go.
Can You Stream Nintendo Gameplay On Discord?
All you need is the Discord app on your computer and some trusty HDMI cables. With these four things in hand, you’re ready to start streaming your Switch games on Discord like a pro!