Are you wondering how to name your games on Discord? Well, Discord has a unique feature that allows users to incorporate video games into their server experience. This feature enables easy streaming and sharing of activities with other members. While certain games are added automatically, others can be added manually at your discretion.
However, let’s take a break from discussing game additions and delve into a fun and playful way to deceive your friends or server members. Did you know that you can change the name of any game or application on Discord? By doing so, you can add a bit of humour to your online interactions and create a unique experience for all members.
Read on to learn more about how to name your games on Discord? to enhance your gaming experience!
How to Name your Games on Discord?
Do you want to let your audience know which game you’re playing? Discord’s Game Activity feature makes it effortless. Simply follow the instructions below to begin:
Step 1: To begin, open the Discord application on your computer.
Step 2: Navigate to the Settings menu by selecting the gear icon located in the lower-left corner.
Step 3: In the new window, locate and click on “Activity Status” from the list on the left-hand side.
Step 4: To change the current game title, double-click on the name.
Step 5: If your game is not displayed, click on the “Add It!” option, which is written in blue, below the game name text box.
Step 6: From the drop-down menu, select the desired application.
Step 7: Click on “Add Game.”
Step 8: To change the name of the newly added game title, highlight it and make the desired changes.
In case you are unable to locate these options under “Game Activity,” consider downloading and launching the Discord application from a computer.
It’s worth noting that certain customizable features are restricted when accessing Discord through a browser or mobile device, and can only be accessed through the application.
Take a look at this brief video tutorial to learn how to name your games on Discord.
How To Change Verified Game Names On Discord?
In the event that you are one of the users who has been assigned an auto-generated “verified” title that doesn’t match correctly, it can be a bit of a disappointment to know that there’s not much you can do about it, at least not through official channels.
Discord prohibits users from altering the names of verified games.
Despite this restriction, there are some methods you can attempt as a workaround:
Change .EXE Name
To verify a game, Discord checks the .exe files running on your computer against its verified database. If a game title has been matched incorrectly or if you prefer to keep it private, you can modify the name of the game’s .exe file to prevent Discord from recognizing it.
Add a “Fake” Program
If you’re not comfortable with modifying your .EXE file, there’s another solution to bypass the verified name restriction. In the background you can let an unverified application or game to run, diverting Discord’s attention from the game you’re actually playing.
To give this method a shot, open your Discord application and follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings menu and select “Game Activity.”
- Click on “Add it.”
- Choose an application that will run in the background.
- Now, go to Discord and add the new application.
- Find the name of the application in the “Game Activity” text box and click on it.
- Replace the name of the application with a custom game message or status of your choice.
- Exit the menu and your new status will be displayed.
How Do You Show Game Logo In Discord?
To display the game or activity you’re currently engaged in on Discord, follow the steps below.
- Click on the gear icon located next to your username to open “User Settings.”
- Scroll down the left sidebar and choose the “Activity Status” category located under “ACTIVITY SETTINGS.”
- Click on “Add it!” to continue.
- Choose the game you’re playing by clicking on the highlighted icon. In this example, the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” was selected.
- Click on the “Add Game” button to complete the process.
- By following these steps, you can display the game you’re currently playing on Discord and share it with your friends.
In conclusion, Discord’s game verification system isn’t perfect, but there are ways to work around it. By changing the game’s .exe file or title in the settings menu, you can personalise your gaming experience. However, it’s worth noting that these options aren’t available for games verified by Discord.