How to fix the Meta Quest mic not working? Are you facing microphone issues with your Meta Quest on Windows 10/11? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll provide effective solutions to get your Meta Quest microphone up and running smoothly.
How to fix the Meta Quest mic not working?
You can learn how to fix the Meta Quest mic not working by using the following methods:
Method 1: Restart Your Meta Quest
The simplest fix is often the most effective. When your Meta Quest microphone isn’t working, try restarting your headset.
Method 2: Unplug and Replug Your Headset
This trick has worked wonders for many users. Here’s how:
- Plug your headset into your PC and enable Oculus Link.
- Search for “Voice Recorder” in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Check if the Meta Quest is detected in Voice Recorder.
- If it’s detected, launch SteamVR or your game, and your microphone should function correctly.
- If not, keep the recorder running, unplug the headset cable, plug it back in, enable Oculus Link on the Quest 2, and start gaming.
Method 3: Reinstall the Oculus App
If the previous fixes didn’t work, it’s possible that the Oculus app is causing the issue. Try reinstalling the Quest 2 app from their official website and ensure your Quest 2 software is up to date.
Method 4: Update Audio Drivers
Outdated audio drivers can be the culprit behind the Oculus mic not working problem. Keep your PC’s audio drivers up to date to resolve this issue.
Method 5: Allow Access to Your Microphone
For proper Meta Quest functionality on your PC, grant the app access to your microphone by following these steps:
- Search for “microphone privacy” and click “Microphone privacy settings.”
- Click “Change” and allow microphone access for your device.
- Scroll down to “Allow apps to access your microphone” and toggle the button on.
- Scroll down to “Allow desktop app to access your microphone” and toggle the button on.
Method 6: Adjust the Sound Settings
Incorrect sound settings can also cause microphone issues. Follow these steps to set your Meta Quest as the default device:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer, click “Devices” in the left menu, and select “Quest and Touch.”
- Under “Audio output in VR,” ensure your Quest is selected.
Now, check your PC’s audio input and output:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and open “Sound settings.”
- Under the “Input” section, select “Headset Microphone (Oculus Virtual Audio Device).”
- Scroll down and select “Sound Control Panel.”
- Click the “Recording” tab and choose the Meta Quest headset microphone, then click “Set Default.”
- Click your microphone again, and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Levels” tab and set the microphone volume to maximum.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
- Click “OK” to apply the changes.
With these troubleshooting steps, your Meta Quest microphone should be back to working flawlessly, allowing you to fully enjoy your virtual reality experiences.