Learn how to disable a Discord account on your device in this post. If you ever find yourself needing a break from Discord but don’t want to permanently bid farewell to your account, you’re in luck. Discord offers a feature that allows you to disable your account temporarily until you’re ready to return. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of how to disable a Discord account and how to restore it when you’re ready to come back to the Discord community.
How to disable a Discord account?
You can learn how to disable a Discord account on PC, iOS, and Android by following the steps below.
- Click on the cogwheel icon next to your username to access User Settings.
- Navigate to the My Account tab.
- Select “Disable Account” under the “Account Removal” section.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Before disabling your account, ensure that you have transferred ownership of all servers you own to another user.
- On your iOS device, swipe right to access User Settings. Click on your user avatar in the bottom right corner and select “Account.”
- In the Account tab, tap “Disable Account.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- If you’re using an Android device, swipe right to access User Settings. Tap your user avatar in the bottom right corner and select “Account.”
- Choose “Disable Account” to initiate the prompts.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to restore your Discord account?
When you’re ready to return to Discord, follow these steps to reactivate your account:
- Log in using the email address and password associated with your account.
- A prompt will appear, notifying you that you can’t use the account while it’s disabled. Simply select “Restore Account” to reactivate it.
- Log in to Discord on your mobile device using your email address and previous password.
- When prompted, click on “Restore Account” to make your account active again.
Disabling your Discord account provides a convenient way to take a break without losing your servers, friends, and other valuable data. Whenever you decide to return, Discord will be there waiting for you. Enjoy your time away, and remember that you can always return to the Discord community whenever you’re ready!
Can you recover disabled Discord account?
Yes, you can recover your disabled account by following these steps. Begin by logging back into your account using the correct login information. Once you’ve entered your credentials, you will encounter a message that reads “Account Disabled.” In response to this prompt, select the “Restore Account” option to regain access to your account.
How long is a Discord account disabled for?
Discord typically allows a 14-day window before your account could potentially face permanent deletion. However, it’s important to note that in some cases, technical issues or other factors may extend this period to up to 30 days before your account is finally deleted.