Have you recently come across My Neighbor Alice and its native token ALICE? Are you wondering if it is better than Decentraland and its native token MANA? If yes, this My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland guide is for you. By the end of it, we are confident that you will be able to choose the best crypto coin from these two.
When comparing the two, there are a lot of factors you need to consider. Some of them include their features, usability of both coins, profit expectancy, transaction time, growth chances, and a lot more. With these details, you can readily find out which one of these cryptocurrencies is suitable for you.
Without any delay, let us find out which out of the two My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland, will increase in value, and which one will plunge. Let us get started!
Table of Contents
My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland: Introduction
What Is My Neighbor Alice?
The first step of having a clear My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland comparison involves knowing about each of these blockchain games individually. Let us begin with My Neighbor Alice. Do you ever wonder what My Neighbor Alice is, and how its native token works in its metaverse? If yes, now is the time to find out all about it.
For those who are not aware, My Neighbor Alice is one of the most popular play-to-earn blockchain projects in the metaverse industry. This crypto game is quite similar to various other well-known platforms like Decentraland, Sandbox, Axie Infinity, Enjin, etc. Using this platform, the users can readily invest in virtual islands in the form of plots.
It is also an ideal place for social interaction. While you explore the game metaverse, you can come across various other players, and make new friends. Another major part of this bitcoin game is – NFT. Just like other such games, you can collect valuable items that are represented by non-fungible tokens (NFTs). When it comes to getting started with My Neighbor Alice, it is quite simple.
This, Antler Interactive game (one of the many), requires you to buy a piece of land in the game ecosystem – a plot. You can either decide to use this plot yourself or sell it. Either way, you will be able to earn revenue. If you decide to sell your land, make sure to make it attractive. It is a great idea to use various in-game assets like vegetation that will add to the value of your land.
For any of these in-game assets, it is only possible to purchase them using ALICE. This is the native token of the ecosystem and is showing quite a growth recently. If we go by the reports, the total market cap of this particular token has grown by over four hundred million US dollars. Also, the circulating supply of the ALICE token lately, has been reported to be around USD 30,600,000. As for the maximum supply of the token, it is around USD 100,000,000. Its current CMC rank is 308.
What Is Decentraland?
After My Neighbor, Alice, let us now tell you about Decentraland. Have you ever imagined living in an alternate reality? Here, you can move from place to place and meet new people without having the need to move in the real world. This digital universe is a metaverse, and Decentraland is three-dimensional (3D) which is quite popular in the metaverse industry.
It is basically a combination of virtual reality, augmented reality, and the internet. The play-to-earn game stands at the forefront of the crypto market. As per Macro Hive, it has seen its crypto coin multiply by up to 37,000%. Further, the native token of this Ethereum-powered blockchain is an ERC-20 token known as MANA.
With the help of this token, the users can purchase plots of LAND inside the game metaverse easily. They can also monetize their avatars and LAND parcels. The tokens are also useful in purchasing in-world goods and services. If you are wondering how specifically MANA can help you buy LAND, it is simple. When you buy LAND with MANA, you have to burn the latter.
Doing so, destroys the token, and creates a new entry in the registry that shows that now you own that piece of LAND. Furthermore, this platform is also governed by DAO. This stands for decentralized autonomous organization and signifies that the token holders have a right to vote on policies inside the Decentraland metaverse.
Lately, this platform has been growing quite a lot. As of now, it has a market capitalization of USD 6.8 billion. This was recorded as of 6 December 2021. When talking about the thirty-day sale volume of non-fungible tokens of the company, it is recorded as up to 417% at USD 41.5 million. The same for seven days is USD 15.7 million. The average price of 467 sold NFTs at this time was USD 33,700.
My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland: What Are Their Key Features?
Now that you know about both My Neighbor Alice and Decentraland, let us quickly compare their key features. Have a look:
- My Neighbor Alice is built on the Ethereum BNB Chain.
- Decentraland is built on Ethereum Polygon.
- Both My Neighbor Alice and Decentraland have NFT Support.
- My Neighbor Alice can work on Windows, Android, and iOS.
- Decentraland runs like a website. So, it can work only on a web browser.
- The current rank for My Neighbor Alice is 3.5.
- The current rank for Decentraland is 4.5.
- The current price for ALICE is USD 13.08.
- The current price for MANA is USD 0.797401.
- One ALICE (My Neighbor Alice token) is equal to 6.14 MANA (Decentraland token).
- The purpose of both ALICE and Mana is to support their blockchains. Both these cryptos can be traded on major cryptocurrency exchange services.
- The potential profit of My Neighbor Alice is 125.4%.
- The potential profit of Decentraland is 140.9%.
What Are the Pros & Cons of My Neighbor Alice?
After the comparison between the key features, let us move ahead with the My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland guide by determining the pros and cons of both these platforms. We will begin with the pros & cons of My Neighbor Alice. Have a look:
The pros of My Neighbor Alice are as given below:
- The My Neighbor Alice coin rallied for more than 750% uninterruptedly, between July 2021 to November 2021.
- Due to this, ALICE reached an all-time high of USD 29.6 approximately.
- Some of the biggest names in the industry are involved with My Neighbor Alice which is one of the reasons for its credibility and brand image.
- A few names associated with it include Genesis Block, Bitcale Capital, X21 Digital, etc.
- The play-to-earn bitcoin platform currently serves over a million users within a month.
- The usage numbers of the platform are continuously increasing over time, thereby showing its growth potential.
The cons of My Neighbor Alice are as given below:
- When it comes to blockchain games, this one is not the only similar game out there.
- There are some other capable coins in the marketplace that provide ALICE a tough competition. For example, SAND, GALA, etc.
What Are the Pros & Cons of Decentraland?
Now that you know about the pros and cons of My Neighbor Alice, let us quickly move on to the pros and cons for the next play-to-earn game. All the pros and cons of Decentraland are given below. Have a look:
The pros of Decentraland are as given below:
- When it comes to the community governance of the platform, the Security Advisory Board (SAB) is responsible for it.
- The feature of auctioning NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) is available on the platform.
- It is also possible for LAND owners in the Decentraland metaverse to sell LAND in exchange for MANA.
- Apart from using MANA for buying and selling LAND, the token of this play-to-earn platform has several other uses.
- The platform can be used on any browser, and there are constant upgrades.
- Due to the frequent updates, the users can easily access all the new features that are constantly introduced.
The cons of Decentraland are as given below:
- When it comes to Decentraland, lacks engaging content quite a lot.
- The same goes for the terrain in the Decentraland metaverse. It lacks variation.
- Social interaction is another thing that is not fully developed here. Usually, you do not come across others in the game metaverse, and if you do, there is completely no interaction among users.
- Since this platform operates as a website, there is a risk of exploitation.
- If you are not using the official website, but a website that imitates the same, there are chances of cyberattacks. For this, always make sure to use only the official website of the bitcoin game.
How Does My Neighbor Alice Work?
After the My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland pros and cons comparison, we will now move on to how both these platforms work. Let us talk about My Neighbor Alice first. This is a multiplayer and open-world blockchain game. Using the platform, the users can socialize, interact, and communicate with other players for an enhanced gaming experience.
The universe of Alice is considered limitless and can be explored without end. The game also allows players to customize their avatars. Then, this metaverse comprises a great number of islands. All of these are made up of smaller parcels of land plots. Also, these are represented by NFTs, and therefore, you can easily buy and sell them.
It is also possible to customize this in-game property in order to increase its value. Also, for different quests and progress through the game, there is a certain narrative that you need to follow. As for the regulation of the value of the NFTs, this is maintained by setting up a limit on the land supply that the users can buy.
Furthermore, the rarity and scarcity of the assets play a huge role in determining the price and value of NFTs. You also need to pay a transaction fee when buying and selling NFTs. Otherwise, players can use the game for free. The game also has a lending and borrowing system that is another great way of earning extra cash inside the world of Alice.
How Does Decentraland Work?
After the work of “My Neighbor Alice” let us now tell you how Decentraland works. This well-known play-to-earn bitcoin game provides infrastructures for shared virtual worlds. Basically, Decentraland’s protocol comprises three main layers. The first one is a consensus layer. The role of this particular layer is to keep track of LAND ownership and content.
It does all of this through smart contracts. After the consensus layer comes the LAND content layer. This layer uses a decentralized distribution system. With this system, it can condense the content in its virtual world. The final layer after the LAND content layer is the real-time layer. This one plays the role of providing peer-to-peer connections.
This way, the users on the platform can interact with each other. Talking about the main idea of Decentraland, it is nothing but its thriving marketplace. Here, any user of the game can create and sell items through a unique in-world economy. The platform also uses a decentralized identity system for identity verification.
My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland: Which Is Better?
To conclude, we would like to say that when it comes to which is better among My Neighbor Alice vs Decentraland, there is no single correct answer. It will totally depend on your needs and choices. When talking about the tokens of the platform – ALICE and MANA, both of them play the role of supporting the game ecosystem and can be purchased/swapped on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Also, these can readily change as per market turn of events, and increase or decrease in value. When choosing between the two, you can consider all the information mentioned in the post to make an informed decision. Good luck!